1. Of all the bands/artists in your cd/record collection, which one do you own the most albums by?: James Brown. Only the Fall comes anywhere near.
2. What was the last song you listened to?: David Bowie, "Bombers."
3. What's in your record player right now?: On the turntable? Stereolab's "Kyberneticka Babicka, pts. 1 & 2" single, probably misspelled here.
4. What song would you say sums you up? Ruins, "B.U.G."
5. What's your favorite local band?: If the New Bad Things count, then them... if not, probably the Thermals.
6. What was the last show you attended? LCD Soundsystem/The Juan Maclean at Wonder Ballroom last night.
7. What was the greatest show you've ever been to?: God Is My Pilot/The Honkies at some little bar in London that the Pet Shop Boys owned, 1993.
8. What's the worst band you've ever seen in concert?: No-Neck Blues Band.
9. What band do you love musically but hate the members of?: My lips are sealed. (No, not the Go-Go's.) (Or Fun Boy Three.)
10. What is the most musically involved you have ever been?: There was a moment a few years ago where I could legitimately say I was in "a couple of new wave bands." On top of everything else.
11. What show are you looking forward to?: Deerhoof at Berbati's Pan later this month.
12. What is your favorite band t-shirt?: I'm very fond of the silver-and-black LCD Soundsystem T-shirt I got last night, but the New Order/PiL/Sugarcubes day-glo American flag T-shirt circa 1989 is uniquely glorious.
13. What musician would you like to hang out with for a day?: I'm gonna go for the same answer as Hydroplane, and say Brian Eno. Just to hear whatever he's going on about.
14. What musician would you like to be in love with you for a day?: As long as we're in the realm of the totally hypothetical, how about Marlene Marder?
15. Metal question-Jeans and Leather vs. Cracker Jack clothes?: I don't know if I even understand this question.
16. Sabbath or solo Ozzy?: Zabbaf.
17. Commodores or solo Lionel Ritchie?: Kommodorez.
18. Punk rock, hip hop or heavy metal?: Yes, please.
19. Doesn't Primus suck?: There is no incorrect answer to this question.
20. Name 5 flawless albums:
Wire, Chairs Missing
The Clean, Compilation
Stereolab, Transient Random-Noise Bursts with Announcements
Sun City Girls, Torch of the Mystics
Boredoms, Super ae
21. What was the greatest decade for music?: 1929, 1966-68, 1978-81, 1993, 2006.
22. How many music-related videos/dvds do you own? I'm guessing about 20.
23. What is your favorite movie soundtrack?: Velvet Goldmine.
24. What was your last musical "phase" before you wisened up?: Who says I've wisened up?
25. What's the crappiest CD/record/etc. you've ever bought?: Many-many-many. But for some reason a Simian single that somebody at a record store was praising to the skies comes to mind.
26. Do you prefer vinyl or CDs?: Love 'em both in different ways. Prefer CDs for reference, vinyl for presence.